Yumaro is a registered charity and NDIS service provider offering Employment, Training, Lifestyle, Home, Community and Accommodation Support services to people living with a disability in the Eurobodalla and Shoalhaven regions. We employ over 200 people and we have supported hundreds of Australians living with a disability since 1985.
We are proud to provide both employment and supports in employment to people living with a disability. We operate over 10 different social enterprises to provide a wide range of employment and skill development opportunities.
This role is a permanent full-time position based out of our Moruya site. As a Manager Supported Living, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of high-quality person-centric services for residents with a disability residing at Yumaro Living.
We are seeking strong leadership and solutions focused skills, which will enable you to efficiently manage support staff, roster and maintain house procedures and work practices.
- Comply with the NDIS Code of Conduct to support participants’ in ways that are respectful and inclusive
- Oversee and implement resident/site risk assessments
- Support participants’ to build the confidence and skills to develop social networks and connections
- Apply principles of positive behaviour support when supporting participants’ to implement their behaviour support plan
- Provide debriefing, practice leadership, coaching and feedback on positive behaviour support to team workers
- Management of new and recurring SIL funding plans reviews
- Manage staff rostering to match worker capabilities with client needs and preferences
- Ability to identify problems, design solutions and to determine when to seek further assistance or approval
- Provide practice leadership and opportunities for workers to reflect, debrief, and share learnings with team members
- Model and reinforce values in organisational culture and practice: Support and model a culture that promotes the principles of the NDIS, such as upholding rights, celebrating diversity and respecting the voice of those with loved experiences.
- Support health and manage risk: Implement policies, procedures and systems for effective health and risk management so that workers know their roles and responsibilities, look out for their own safety, and balance dignity of risk with duty of care when supporting participants’.
- Support participants with their psychosocial disability: Understand how participants’ psychosocial disability can influence their capacity, confidence, relationships and circumstances. Work with participants in ways that support participants to lead the life they want. Apply principles of recovery- oriented and trauma- informed practiced when supporting participants to meet their needs.
- Demonstrated experience in Disability or Community Services, or qualifications
- A current first aid and NDIS Screen worker check
- Join a growing organisation making a difference in the community
- Great workplace culture, a collaborative and professional team that cares about people
- Competitive salary package including base salary, superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Reward and recognition initiatives
- Ongoing focus on learning and development
If this sounds like the role for you, please select the ‘Apply’ button and submit your resume. You can also find out more about Yumaro here https://www.yumaro.com.au/. Applications close on the 23 August 2023, but we are actively recruiting for the role, so don’t delay your application.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?